Certified Cyber Security Foundation (CCSF)
GSDC’s Cybersecurity Foundation Certification is designed with the vast knowledge of the global perspective of challenges that one faces while mapping a secure system and covering the major cyber roles needed to provide a solid system. With all the hacking and data manipulation taking place globally, cybersecurity has become a critical need of the hour. By going through this certification, you will learn about threat trends that are most alarming across the internet currently as well as their impact on cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity Foundation Certification empowers you to review standard cybersecurity terminology and compliance requirements, examine sample exploits, and to gain practical experience of security controls.
In addition to technical cybersecurity components, this certification includes the non-technical aspects of cybersecurity that are necessary to reduce and manage risk, such as threat determination, disaster recovery, security policy management, and business continuity planning. In a nutshell, by taking up this certification you’ll be armed to reduce any potential cyber risk.
Course Fee: NGN 0.00
Participants will be equipped to attain a deep understanding of:
1. Current cyber threats and cybersecurity site references
2. Government-mandated directives and compliance requirements
3. Roles that are required to successfully design secure systems
4. The attack cycle execution by malicious hackers
5. Enterprise policy requirements
6. Best strategies to secure the enterprise with layered defences
7. Security zones and detailed logging augment information assurance
8. Forensic challenges and incident response planning
9. Risk management process
10. Industry recommendations for maintaining secure access control
11. Cryptographic solutions for securing communications
• Network professionals
• Security professionals
• Executives and managers who want to implement a security solution at the organizational level
• IT professionals who want to learn about cybersecurity fundamentals, threats, mitigating controls, and organizational responsibilities
• Anyone who is looking forward to starting a career in cybersecurity.
Some benefits of getting a cybersecurity certification are:
• Eligibility to meet increasing demand for certified professionals in this field.
• Organizational value
• Flexibility in career choices.
• Higher salary package.
• Helps you to stay updated about the latest cybersecurity tools and trends.
• Easy recognition of the designation anywhere across the world
• 40 multiple-choice questions
• Participants must score a minimum of 65% of the total marks (i.e. 26 out of 40) to pass this examination.
• 90-minutes duration.
In case the participant does not score the passing %, a 2nd attempt is granted at no additional cost. Re-examination can be taken up to 30 days from the date of the 1st exam attempt.
• Benefits and requirements of Cyber security
• Risk management in the business context
• Information risk management fundamentals
• Business continuity management in the business
• Business continuity lifecycle
• The Role of a Security Architect
• Security Design Principles
• Engagement lifecycle management
• Advantages and utility of incident response to the client.
• Awareness potential incidents.
• Structure of incident response engagements, including the relevant processes and procedures.
• Understanding limitations of system logs.
• Timelines to analyse event data
• Time zone issues
• System interpretation of timestamps with images
• Criminal Justice Act 2008
• Protection of Children Act 1978
• Computer Misuse Act 1990
• Human Rights Act 1998
• Data Protection Act 1998
• Police and Justice Act 2006
• Sexual Offences Act 2008
• Engaging law enforcement
• CERTS and their role and jurisdiction